Friday, October 31, 2008

French Lessons

Matt and I are taking French lessons which are offered through his company. Our sessions are twice a week for 90 minutes each session at Matt’s office. We’ve had five lessons so far and I can say the following: “I am a woman. I am not a man. I am 34 years old. The table is brown.” It’s a start! Our instructor is very patient with us. I think she finds our Midwestern accents a little odd, especially how we pronounce our vowels. We are starting to recognize more words out in the community as our vocabulary increases, but the language barrier continues to be the biggest struggle for us.

4 comments:

David O'Brien & Cassie Scharber said...

hey!!! it must be a struggle for you and matt daily. but just think a year from now, you will be speaking french with the best of them! have you tried having a glass or two of wine and then letting your tongue go? :-)

Darcy said...

I do see the benefit in learning the phrase..."I am a woman, not a man". Otherwise it could be completely confusing to the people along the way :)

Millie looks really good - Has she been enjoying the Swiss food?

Bruce Flaten said...

Make sure Matt learns how to say "I already told you, I'm a man not a little girl." and "Hey, where's a good place to get some wings?" :)

Darcy said...

More updates on French words please :) !!!!!

What did you guys learn this week?