Saturday, February 7, 2009

Some Serious Sledding


Last weekend we went to Les Diablerets to sled down the side of a mountain. We went with another American couple and their three kids. This was unlike any sledding we’ve ever done back home.

After renting the sleds and getting the instructions on how to use them, we hopped on the chairlift. Our friend, Dan, didn’t know to put the arm rest down on his chair lift, so he and his kids were hanging on for dear life as they rode up the lift. The trail was 7 kilometers long and it took about 30 minutes to get to the bottom.

My first run wasn’t pretty as I crashed into the snow wall several times. My steering really improved by the second time. I’m thinking I might try out for the Switzerland luge team for the 2010 Olympics. That would be a way to fill my time over here.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

What beautiful scenery while you are sledding down the mountain. My only question, Where is your sledding helmet?