Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Laura’s Visit


We accomplished a lot in Laura’s four day visit. The thing I enjoyed most was her desire to shop. Matt has no interest in shopping unless it’s at Hornbach (the Swiss version of Home Depot – same colors and everything – I’m very consistent, I don’t like Home Depot or Hornbach), so I took full advantage of Laura’s interest in shopping! The highlight for me was the market in Divonne, France. I’ve been to the market before but going with a girlfriend rather than my husband was a completely new experience. Laura and I made it through the entire market – usually I make it through half with Matt before he’s maxed out with the crowds. We stopped to look at jewelry, clothes, shoes and all that girl stuff that Matt doesn’t even notice. The only problem was that I couldn’t remember how much the Euro is worth compared to the US dollar, but it wasn’t a problem. We convinced ourselves we were getting some great bargains regardless of the conversion rate. I don’t have a picture of us shopping, so here’s a picture from a hike we took in Grindelwald.

No comments: