Friday, December 18, 2009

O Christmas Tree












Here’s a picture of our tree. It looks a bit like a Charlie Brown tree as the branches are few and far between. All of the trees looked like this at Hornbach (like a Home Depot), so it must be a European thing. No fraser firs to be found in Switzerland. Our tree was really tall, too, so Matt had to buy a saw and take about 30 centimeters off the bottom. That didn’t end well as he cut his finger, deep enough that I wanted to take him to the hospital. He wasn’t having it so we bandaged him up as best we could. We also had a difficult time figuring out the lights for the tree. The lights I bought were connected on both ends to the plug, so it was one big circle of lights. How is that supposed to work?! And there’s no plug to connect the multiple strands together. After several attempts and a few choice words on Matt’s behalf (I think my favorite was ‘The f-ing Swiss. They can’t do anything the easy way.’), I took over the lights. Now I know why my mom always did our lights on the tree. Men don’t have the patience for it. Though our tree buying and decorating experience frazzled us a bit, I think our Charlie Brown tree is perfect.

No comments: