Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Ballet

My friend, Suzie, received tickets for the ballet, Giselle, through her work, so she invited me and another friend, Ayelet, to attend with her. It was performed by the Russian ballet company and there were some pretty important people watching in the audience, I think. The introductions were done in French which made my understanding of what was going on a bit limited, so I filled in the gaps using my imagination when it came to who was who as they enterd the theater. I think I understood correctly that one of them was the First Lady of Russia.

This was my first ballet and I loved it. The ballerinas were beautiful, especially when they danced in unison, but it took me about 20 minutes or so to stop thinking, ‘ouchy, ouchy’ when they went up on their toes. And the balleriners! That’s what we called the male dancers (pretty classy, aren’t we?) were amazing, especially their legs and bums in those little tights.

It was a very enjoyable evening. I kept looking around trying to figure out how so many wives got their husbands to attend. I don’t think I could ever talk Matt into going to a ballet, so it’s good I have wonderful girlfirends to enjoy it with me.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You've seen the Nutcracker, right? Doesn't that count as a ballet?

Shannon

thomasm said...

Never been to see the Nutcracker. We'll have to do that together when I'm back in MN.