Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pet Peeve

Sometimes the Swiss just amaze me…and not in a good way. Yesterday I was buying flowers at Hornbach (like a Home Depot). As usual there was only one cashier open. Customer service isn’t a big priority here. Not like back home anyway. There could be a line six people deep with several employees standing around but they still wouldn’t open another register. It’s another pet peeve of mine but not the one I’m focusing on right now.

So I went to get in line and found myself behind a full shopping cart without a person attached to it. I knew right away what was going on. The owner of that cart was holding a place in the long line while still running around the store shopping. What?! Lines are meant to stand in when you are done shopping. I can understand an occasional time or two when you forget something, so you leave your cart in line and run back to get it. That is acceptable, but it is not okay to hold a place in line as you continue to shop. I’ve seen it done several times where people have made multiple trips back and forth to get more items while holding a place in line. I wasn’t in the mood for it yesterday, so I butted in front of the personless cart and didn’t even look in that direction when the woman returned to the line. She proved me right though…she was holding several more items which she put in her cart.

2 comments:

The Yodeling Elkos said...

I wish I had been there with you. It would have been more hilarious with me there going crazy about that!!! And Ben would have been pulling stuff out of that personless cart!!! LOL

thomasm said...

In France they let pregnant women go to the front of the line. Not the case in Switkdfjlkdjg. They have no problem with making you wait. In France they smile at you, too. They seem to enjoy seeing the miracle of life. I only get people staring at my belly here.

I checked out a new store in France yesterday. Wish you could have joined me for the adventure.