Friday, July 22, 2011

Our Son

We (actually I) decided that we were going to wait to find out the baby’s gender. We found that this is rather uncommon to do in Switzerland but I wanted it to be a surprise. Matt graciously accommodated my wishes. It was fun to have people guess the sex of the baby throughout the pregnancy. I will also never forget hearing the doctor announce ‘un garçon’ when our son was born. Matt was so focused on talking me through the birth that he missed the big announcement.

My thoughts on the sex of the baby changed from week to week. I had only two dreams about it while I was pregnant. In my first dream it was a girl. I had my second dream a week before Finn’s arrival. The only part I recall from it was an entry written on this blog. It was called ‘Our Son.’

1 comment:

Amy said...

Okay, I read this entry twice and the final line brought tears to my eyes both times. I'm just so happy for you guys!