Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sometimes a Girl Just Needs a Burger

It’s been five months since I’ve last enjoyed a cheeseburger. The hamburger here tastes different, so we’ve given up the search for a good burger. We’ve come to terms with it being just one of those things that’s not the same as back home. A burger from McDonald’s is the one exception. So, my friend, Jen, and I ventured out to McDonald’s today for lunch. We struggled to order our food the last time we tried this. I thought that this time around it would be easier since I know more French than I did five months ago. Guess I was feeling a little too confident. The McDonald’s employee had no idea what I was trying to say when I ordered my value meal. I even got an eye roll from the girl. Some of the simplest things can be so darn difficult here! It was worth the pain though. I enjoyed my cheeseburger.

No comments: