Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sausage in Switzerland

Matt loves to go to the market to buy garlic sausage on Saturdays. He has a hard time ordering in French, so he will often times stand there with his hands spread wide open to indicate how much he wants. He gets some serious sausage, like two or more feet at one time. While my parents were here visiting, we took them to the market and Matt demonstrated his ordering skills.

After returning from their vacation, my mom was explaining all this to my 4-year old niece, Rowan. My sister, Lisa, was out of the room and did not hear the story. The other day when Lisa put Rowan's breakfast sausage on her plate, Rowan said, "Matt's sausage is bigger than that." When Lisa asked how Rowan knew this, she said, "Grandma told me." I wish I could have seen my sister's face! Lisa immediately called me and asked how our mom knew the size of my husband's sausage. Hee hee.

1 comment:

Bruce Flaten said...

Where do I even begin with this one? Sounds like Matt's trying to compensate for inadequacy in certain areas...