Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year’s Eve

Matt and I had a very special New Year’s Eve. We went to Paris! Our friends, Jen and Dan, joined us for the weekend. It was a long drive (5 ½ hours) but then there we were in Paris! We enjoyed a nice, three hour dinner at A La Petite Chaise, a restaurant dating back to 1680. The dining area was itty bitty. They pulled the table out so you could sit down and then they pushed it back in once you were seated. We were elbow to elbow with the people at the next table, an elderly couple who found us entertaining. I wanted to take a picture of our food, but I thought that might be un-French like, so I’ll just list what I had.

Entrée
Saint-Jacques sur charlotte, chapelure de noisettes
(Scallops served on a bed of charlotte potatoes topped with finely grated hazel nuts)

Plat
Canon d’agneau roti farci aux petits legumes
(Roasted saddle of lamb stuffed with baby vegetables)

Assortiment de fromages
(Assortment of cheeses)

Dessert Maison
Tulipe de glaces et sorbets
(A selection of ice creams and sorbets in a tulipe-shaped biscuit)

I was so full after the main course that I had very little room for the cheese and dessert. I wish I could have gone back the next day for a ‘do-over’ with those two courses as I didn’t finish either of them. No one else at the restaurant looked as full as I felt. How do they do it?!

No comments: