Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Soup of the Week

I made a cooking challenge for myself at the start of autumn – making a homemade soup once a week. So far we’ve had mostly successes with just a few flops here and there. Nothing as bad as my first attempt at wild rice soup here in Switzerland though. To refresh your memory, that was my purple, gloppy mess that didn’t turn out due to a substitution of black rice for wild rice and my own attempt at making corn starch. For a picture of this, see the entries from November 2009. Our favorites thus far have been butternut squash, pumpkin, baked potato and good ol’ chicken noodle. The leeky broth with ravioli was also pretty good. Even Matt is contributing to the soup a week challenge. Last week he made a chicken tortilla soup with the jalapenos I brought back with me from the US.

No comments: