Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

The actual day was rather uneventful. Matt and I worked a regular day. Our turkey meatloaf dinner is as close to Thanksgiving as we got on Thursday. Matt watched an NFL football game that evening as well, so that made it seem a bit like home, too. We had to wait a few days and then we got all the fixings. Matt’s co-worker, Rob, invited us to his home to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family on that Saturday. We enjoyed a wonderful meal together. It was a special treat, especially since Rob’s wife, Sevie, is Belgian and had to research how to make many of the traditional dishes. She put a lot of time and effort into that meal. Her stuffing was the best I’ve ever had. I brought the pumpkin pie. I had a rough time making a crust from scratch this year. After multiple tries I gave up and went to the store to get a premade one. I was pretty disgusted with myself and it just didn’t taste the same. I think this may have been the first year that Grandma Thoma’s rolling pin did not turn out a successful pie crust for Thanksgiving.

No comments: