Friday, September 9, 2011

Diaper Run

My, oh my, how things change. We used to be going on beer runs to Germany. Now we’re doing diaper runs to France. Diapers are a lot less expensive there than they are in Switzerland so off to France we go to stock up. I’ve had to have a chat with Finn to explain that we need to make the most of a diaper - none of this pooping immediately after I’ve just changed him. Diapers are too expensive for that in Switzerland – about $32 for 55 diapers. Back home the same brand is $10 for 42!

Barb went with me on the most recent run. It turned out to be a stressful trip. Finn was over-tired and screamed for the first 10 minutes. We received countless sour looks as we made our way through the aisles. I had him in the Baby Bjorn and was in the process of taking him out to calm him down when I saw a woman at the end of the aisle giving me a dirty look and motioning with her arms to cradle him. Not the kind of advice I wanted at that moment. To be fair there were three people in the store who gave us friendly looks. That’s right, THREE out of a store full of people.

Here’s a picture of Finn all ready in his car seat to head to France.

1 comment:

Bruce Flaten said...

Don't be stopping those beer runs.