Thursday, September 1, 2011

Growing Boy

Finn is busy growing these days. He’s gained close to 4 pounds in just two months.

Gramma Barb and I took him to get weighed yesterday at a place called Espace Prevention in Morges. It’s a weigh-in station for babies. The agency contacted me after Finn was born and said I could come by to have him weighed once a week. The Swiss are really into tracking a baby’s weight gain. I don’t think there is as much emphasis placed on this in the US as there is here. I haven’t heard any of my friends talk about stopping by a weigh-in station on a weekly basis back home. Just a difference I’ve noticed in how things are done here.

Overall I have been very impressed with the support given to new parents and their babies in Switzerland. It’s all very proactive; troubleshooting problems before they become bigger issues. Within 24 hours of being home from the hospital we had a midwife come for a home visit. She came again two days later. I have three more visits with her in the next six months related to breastfeeding if I need them. The Swiss really know how to support their new parents and babies.

1 comment:

Sooze said...

That is the CUTEST picture...he looks so grown up in that one somehow!!!