Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrating the 4th of July – Switzerland Style

When I think of this holiday, I think of family. Typically, it’s a long weekend at Grandma and Grandpa’s cabin or the island with Barb and Terry. Since I am not able to do either of these this year, I did the next best thing – I celebrated the day with my American friends. A few families got together for dinner. I tried to find corn on the cob for the occasion but decided to call it quits after looking at two different grocery stores in town without any luck. We had take-out pizza for dinner. Not a very traditional 4th of July meal but it worked. For dessert we had a taste test of several different kinds of Mövenpick ice cream. Okay, I guess it was more than several flavors – it was six. Mövenpick is a brand of ice cream of Swiss origin. It’s heavenly, especially some of the limited edition flavors. The most popular of the evening were Crème Brulée, Swiss Chocolate and Coconut with Toasted Sesame.

No comments: