Monday, July 12, 2010

World Cup Fever

I’ve spent the last month learning about the World Cup. It’s embarrassing to say but I knew nothing about the World Cup until now. This is a really big deal over here compared to the US, so that’s my excuse. They hang flags out their windows to support their country and after a match the fans of the winning team hop in their cars and ride around town honking and waving their flags. I guess this is the one time that the Swiss tolerate noise. The honking continued for well over an hour after Switzerland beat Spain a few weeks back. I still don’t have a good understanding of the rules of the sport, but at least I call it by the right name now – football. My favorite part is when the players take their shirts off at the end of the match. That’s my incentive to watch. (To make it clear, this was written by Sandra.)

1 comment:

Mom Barb said...

Glad to learn the author of the entry. I was getting a bit concerned. Barb/Mom