Monday, September 20, 2010

Round-Abouts

It took me several months to get up the nerve to drive in Switzerland and then a few more months after that before I felt comfortable with it. Round-abouts were the biggest adjustment for me, especially the ones with two lanes.

Round-abouts are making their way to Oshkosh, Wisconsin, which I discovered when Mom and I were out running errands while I was home in the US. It sounds like the people of Oshkosh are finding them challenging as well. Mom said one round-about had 22 accidents in one month! Mom is very cautious in them since she saw a car go straight through the round-about – up onto the bricks in the middle and back down them. But Dad’s even more cautious. He admitted to driving six miles out of his way to avoid a round-about.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

I adore this story - poor Jim.