Thursday, September 30, 2010

Squirrel Sighting


You might think this is an unusual blog entry, especially if you are from Wisconsin or Minnesota where these little guys seem to run in packs…

Yesterday I saw a squirrel in the garden. I stopped and actually backtracked to look at it because I’ve never seen one in Switzerland. Two years and not a single squirrel. Then I went out on the balcony with my camera to take his picture but he had scampered off already. Back in Minnesota I would never have taken out the camera for a squirrel, maybe a deer, but not a squirrel. Then I thought I might be over-reacting a bit but when I told my friend, Ayelet, I got a similar response. She got all excited, too. Her response went something like, ‘A squirrel! I love squirrels. Where did you see it? I’ve never seen one in Switzerland.’ I’m hoping for a rabbit sighting next. Not many of them hopping around Switzerland either.

I wonder what Matt’s response is going to be to this entry. I have a feeling it will go something like this, ‘I think Sandra might have too much free time on her hands if she’s going around trying to take pictures of squirrels.’

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Did Millie see that squirrel? I bet she'd be excited too!

thomasm said...

No, she missed it. I told her about it though.

Amy said...

Had a similar experience in England. Was with my host family, saw a squirrel and everyone acted like it was a bald eagle. I got a good chuckle out of it:-)

thomasm said...

I didn't know that England was lacking in the squirrel department, too.

Can't wait to see you next week, Amy!